Thursday, December 29, 2005

In Absense

Here is a poem from my friend Jill


That which was once so vivid and intense,
I swam in its energy,
in its enveloping all-encompassing mania

hijacked by a connection which transcends my defenses
ignited my mind until smoke clouded sanity with a high
penetrated my being, reaching the untouched, the unknown
sparking a sensation in the deepest of my darkness
so that my blood surged with new vigor for life
my heart felt everything around me with new delicacy
every nerve from my skin aroused by the slightest...sensation
in its spirit
which danced with mine in a very solitary dimension
in its body
which danced with mine in a very earthly dimension
evoking the nature that I am
in the trance of warm brown eyes
in its simplicity
cherishing the good, rejecting the confining, ailing, and trivial

is now but a memory of a dream
a few muted glimpses of brilliance
distant in my mind
I find myself searching for reality in the haze
in the shadow between my consciousness and reality
I speak of it as fact
yet as I hear my words, they feel unfamiliar to my mind
All I really know is each moment
and the few moments which wander into my consciousness as reminders of the unexplainable

2 comments:

musalia said...

querida Bli, oxalá seja a 'felicidade', será por certo :)
vive intensamente e que 2006 te encontre em plenitude de emoções e afecto.
beijinhos.

Blimunda said...

obrigada, querida amiga.
Beijinhos e um bom Ano Novo para ti.
Bli